How about an inclusive "and" approach instead of fighting IRC versus something new? (was: Re: Collecting requirements for a KDE-wide instant messaging solution)

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Thu Aug 10 11:54:42 BST 2017

> What I’ve argued strongly against is the standpoint that we should stick
> with the status quo.

The status quo _is_ things with the advantages of Telegram or Matrix
available, since these two are already bridged.

Hence my earlier

> Last but not least: if IRC really is so much of an issue, which I doubt:
there are solutions readily available (Tg and Matrix bridge) or available in
the future (Rocket bridge) which do resolve the problem whilst still
maintaining compatibility for people who prefer what worked for 20 years and
still works.  So the reasons to continue with a replacement I can see are
either "We want to get rid of the other one completely and enforce this one"
or "we want it NOW", both of which I heavily have to disagree with  [...]

If you want Rocket, for whatever reason, see my other post which was so far
mostly ignored.