github, phabricator: a new threadZ

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Aug 9 19:05:59 BST 2017

El dimecres, 9 d’agost de 2017, a les 13:50:46 CEST, Harald Sitter va
escriure:
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Aug 2017, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> >> This is a new thread entirely, but incidentally also something we
> >> should also think about. Why many KDE developers choose github instead
> >> of scratch KDE repositories to start new software, where it could
> >> happily be hosted within KDE infrastructure?
> >
> > Our infra doesn't offer scratch repos anymore, does it?
>
> It does, they were slated for removal with the transition to phab,
> since that hasn't happend yet though I assume scratch repos are still
> a thing. Albeit, a thing that is meant to be removed with (currently)
> no replacement planned

That was not the plan, the plan (unless it has changed since last time i
asked) is to have a team of "trusted people" that can create repos on
phabricator, so basically you'd open a ticket and you'd get a repo created in
a matter of minutes, not automagic, but surely you can continue coding for 15
minutes while you wait for your repository to be created.

Cheers,
  Albert