radical proposal: move IRC to Rocket.Chat

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Aug 9 09:08:28 BST 2017

On Wednesday 09 August 2017 09:45:13 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> That's not the case for modern protocols where people only stop seeing the
> conversation if they actively leave the group (which is whey they do show
> that, but it happens far less often than people quitting their IRC client).
>
> And see my requirements email for my reply to "But we have a ZNC instance".

Can you add this to the collecting-requirements thread?

 - non ephemeral
 - searchable
 - stored offline for later retrieval

You're making a really strong case for HTML email (it can contain pictures!).

[ade]

PS. Not sure whether "/s" u'1F644' or http://telegramhub.net/sarcastic-polar-bear/ is the right mechanism to indicate the intended emotional sub-not-text.