radical proposal: move IRC to Rocket.Chat

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Tue Aug 8 21:22:43 BST 2017

On 8 August 2017 at 21:46, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org> wrote:
> I believe that we will only solve this problem when, no matter what
> underlying technologies we choose, we will be able to provide a user
> experience as nice as Telegram with a simple server, hosted by us,
> which allows for federated login.

to clarify myself a little better, I am in favor of any system that
evolves over IRC. I simply cannot connect to IRC from my university
and several major physics labs around the globe, which means I am
effectively cut out from participating in the discussion, and like me
probably many other people. I simply believe that Rocket.Chat might be
the best investment for KDE, but in light of this, +1 to Matrix and
Mattermost as well.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
Pace Peace Paix Paz Frieden Pax Pokój Friður Fred Béke Heddwch
Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום