radical proposal: move IRC to Rocket.Chat

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Aug 8 19:01:05 BST 2017

Il 08 agosto 2017 19:09:28 CEST, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> ha scritto:

>On 08/09/2017 01:16 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:> We have an alternative
>already working, which bridges IRC (freenode.net and
>> OFTC): matrix.org.
>> I don't know how many times I should repeat this, but many people are
>already
>> using successfully (I monitor few channels, for example).
>>
>> So -1 for moving to Rocket.Chat.
>

>It could make sense to promote Rocket.Chat over Telegram though (more
>free).

I'm personally for ditching Telegram in favor of really FLOSS (and sane) alternatives. That said, if it's bridged to IRC as it happens now, I don't care much as long as the accessibility through IRC (and now matrix) is well visible. I would never promote Telegram standalone.

Can rocket.chat be bridged too? If not, promoting it would create another island.

Ciao

--
Luigi