some nice reading for the weekend

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Aug 6 14:27:31 BST 2017

Hey :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6rne17/how_kdes_vast_opensource_community_has_been/?st=j5zka449&sh=5ddd68a1

Some quotes from the comments:
"KDE makes me swell with pride when describing it to other people. The
sheer amount of good work these people do without any of the noise and
without rejecting any inputs from the community is simply unparalleled. I'm
genuinely proud of the values of inclusiveness that the KDE project has
espoused. I wish them the best for the future!"

"I don't know if there are any of the people mentioned In the article on
this thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone involved with KDE. I have
been using it since Mandrake 7 or so. I just like it. I don't know why. I
find it easier to use. When people are banging on about why their
particular desktop environment is vastly superior to KDE because... I just
think, yeah, that's cool and all, but I don't like them. I like KDE. I
don't know why. I just do. So if you helped make it so. Thank you for your
hard work to make it just what I like."

💪

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org