Retirement of SVN Commitfilter and Legacy Get Hot New Stuff systems

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Aug 4 11:18:20 BST 2017

It's kind of a daft request maybe, but could you take some good
screenshots of the system's screens before it's shut down and add
it somewhere to your sysadmin docs?

I think it's nice to create some institutional memory when we retire
systems like this. The next time someone has to implement a commit
notification thingie for KDE, they have more old systems to look at
for inspiration. It was also in use a really long time and was part
of our dev culture; I can see historical value, e.g. a sysadmin
using them in a dfaure-style presentation of the history of our
infrastructure at some point.

Memory is important, without it we squander the advantages of being
a community with history :)

Cheers,
Eike