KDE GPG Keyserver

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 24 14:24:42 BST 2017

On Montag, 24. Juli 2017 14:47:48 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> Il giorno Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:51:42 +0200
>
> Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> ha scritto:
> > You can of course add a new line to ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf to add this
> > keyserver to your list of keyservers.
>
> Is this reachable also on port 80? My workplace blocks hkp ports.

I recommend using the keyserver (pool) that's recommended by the official GnuPG
FAQ [1] or, even better, sticking to the default, unless you have a specific
reason for not using those. If you are concerned about your privacy then you
should rather look into using a keyserver on the Tor network.

Regards,
Ingo

[1] https://gnupg.org/faq/gnupg-faq.html#new_user_default_keyserver