[kde-community] Re: Applications Lifecycle Policy

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 18:08:12 BST 2017

Hello folks, I would just like to ask if there is a BoF scheduled
about this? Has a Phab board been created? As a GSoC admin for KDE, we
are always trying to urge/require students to include writing tests as
part of their daily coding, as well as documenting their code /
creating APIdox / writing user docs.

If the group of developers interested in creating this thinks that
this testing regimen is too difficult to get done in a short time, how
about creating a plan for a prospective Season of KDE student? Some
sort of infobox on every application website that continuously reports
test coverage, translation/internationalization/localization
statistics and other relevant information could be very useful. A
number of you interested people could be resources for such a student
or students.

We are already making the idea of seeking review for commits desirable
and even standard in KDE. The same could be true for automated test
coverage of the entire KDE codebase.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez