latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jul 10 12:54:09 BST 2017

On maandag 10 juli 2017 13:44:54 CEST Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > It just occurred to me, that it would be good at this point to gauge with
> > the  active community what a mission would be, some simple questions such
> > as:
> >
> > - Have you been contributing in any significant way to KDE in the past
> > year?    (And how?)
> > - Which of the proposed strategical directions would you support most?
> >
> > Could give us a way to break out from this circle and tell us what the
> > people  who actually matter think, and what strategy could gain momentum.
> > think it would provide us with a much stronger decision base and increase
> > the quality of any strategical direction a lot.
>
> My first reaction is, unfortunately, that your questions will be as self-
> selecting as the current discussion is: loud voices (yours included) will
> have an opinion, and those that don't care will continue to be silent.

> Oh, and I'm right with you wrt. "this discussion is reaching the limits of
> what can be done in email".

I forgot to make that clear: I was thinking of a poll / vote / survey thing,
lightweight, but not email and get active community members to participate.

Yes, it's gone beyond the limits of what email can do, we have ideas and
possible directions, now we need to find out what those who are going to do
the work actually want.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org