latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Clemens Toennies starbuck at netrunner-os.com
Thu Jul 6 00:45:59 BST 2017

Am 05.07.2017 um 22:58 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On 2017 M07 5, Wed 15:05:26 CEST Clemens Toennies wrote:
>> On Jul 5, 2017 13:14, "Sebastian Kügler" <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Should we make privacy our main focus for the next 5 years?
>> How about Freedom?
> The "KDE - Digital Freedom" is one of my favourite T-shirts...
> Still, there exists already a software organizatio which has freedom as its
> main goal: GNU.

Gnome already builds a "free" desktop, so why should we?
Good thing they dont have a monopoly on it :)

Imo we deliver quite advanced free software that helps people experience
freedom like e.g. Krita, Kdenlive and many others that are more
practical than comparable organizations like GNU have to offer.
So we as KDE should not need to cut down ourself to strive for a smaller
subset of "Freedom" (aka Privacy or Android) in our mission (or vision)
only because some other organization claims to have the same goal.

Greetings, Clemens.