latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Clemens Toennies starbuck at netrunner-os.com
Thu Jul 6 00:19:00 BST 2017

Am 05.07.2017 um 16:23 schrieb Kevin Ottens:
> Hello, > > On Wednesday, 5 July 2017 15:05:26 CEST Clemens Toennies wrote: >>
On Jul 5, 2017 13:14, "Sebastian Kügler" <sebas at kde.org> wrote: >>>
Should we make privacy our main focus for the next 5 years? >> >> How
about Freedom? >> Fits "KDE - be free". >> There is also no freedom
without privacy. > > Way too abstract to be actionable IMO. We're
looking at some focus which will > provide a technical direction, just
claiming "Freedom" won't get us there...

More like "Practical Freedom"?
The KDE community imo shouldnt be about "technicalities", thats up to
how each project tries to contribute or work towards that ultimate goal
that is freedom.
Wiki2Learn for example really doesnt fit privacy, but can help with
Freedom on various levels.

> especially since everything we do is Free Software already.

Free Software != Freedom.
Cornelius did a really great talk about that topic last Akademy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lelaQnW-u0w&list=PLsHpGlwPdtMogitRYzwPz4dWTVsZRGwts&index=9

Greetings, Clemens.