Release code review and quality (was Re: Applications Lifecycle Policy)

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Wed Jul 5 21:41:11 BST 2017

Il giorno Wed, 05 Jul 2017 22:33:13 +0200
Christian Mollekopf <chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm>
ha scritto:

> Anyways, in general it is completely in my spirit; little upfront
> requirements and then judge the quality
> of what falls out of it.

Honest question: onto whom would the burden fall? As a contributor
towards integration I wouldn't want that to fall (solely) on my
shoulders.

I mean, we're all humans and things slip through the cracks all the
time, even with review. Removing even a light (emphasis on *light*)
scrutiny would make things worse.

I would argue, as proposed by Luigi on IRC just now, that we should
have perhaps less *human* checks but more *automated* checks. This is
however orthogonal to the discussion on lifecycle.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B