Applications Lifecycle Policy

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 5 21:14:51 BST 2017

Boudewijn Rempt ha scritto:
> On Wed, 5 Jul 2017, Martin Flöser wrote:
>> Extragear: to me extragear is a relict from the time of the big one KDE svn
>> trunk repository. There was "KDE" and everything else, aka. extragear. When I
>> started to compile KDE software it looked to me like something created from
>> the needs of SVN. A technical thing. Now we have git and we have split up all
>> those parts which used to be KDE, except for extragear. Where is the
>> difference between Krita (to my knowledge not part of extragear),
>
> It isn't -- for some reasons I don't exactly understand, it's still part of
> calligra in some kind of hierarchy, though not in the repo.

Clarification about this point: it was in a hierarchy because porting
(internal) the tool out of the hierarchy needs manpower which is not around,
so Krita needed a place, and it was easier to keep it under the "calligra"
namespace. That said, in the internal place where it is required, it can be
moved to extragear-graphics. Again, only important until some work is done.

Ciao
--
Luigi