latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jun 22 08:52:40 BST 2017

Hi all,

Commenting in general here on the whole proposal rather than anyone's
specific remarks.

On the whole I think the mission and strategy are quite well aligned
and represent the community quite well. From time to time we may have
occasional exceptions to this (for instance, it is quite unlikely a
user of a proprietary operating system will be replacing their shell /
desktop environment) but these aside it represents our objectives
quite well.

We should therefore keep in mind that these aren't a hard set of
rules, but more an overarching set of principles which all of our
projects aim to follow as much as is reasonable. The objectives of a
given project will likely make clear what exceptions will exist and
when.

The only improvement I would suggest would be to add a mention of
working to create complete software solutions to assist end users in
their adoption of open source software (wording may need some work).

Cheers,
Ben