KDE and Slimbook release a laptop for KDE fans

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jan 26 13:22:08 GMT 2017

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:32:36 PM Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2017, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Today, we're announcing a partnership between Slimbook a laptop
> > retailer and KDE to produce the KDE Slimbook, a device with Slimbook
> > hardware and running a Plasma environment with KDE Applications on
> > GNU/Linux as software.

Whee!

I'll be "that guy" who sticks FreeBSD on it and then complains (but not
loudly, since there's still Linux to fall back on) if it doesn't work all
right.

> Um... It looks pretty neat and cool! But someone really should have edited
> the FAQ. Also "Operating system: KDE NEON (for now) sounds weird?

The shopping process seems to wobble back and forth between English and
Spanish, which may be a little off-putting for shoppers outside of the Iberian
peninsula (we're already stuck with higher shipping charges).

But other than that: for .nl, pretty good specs for a pretty good price, and
lovely to have some vetted hardware with a cool logo on it.

[ade]