Happy 20th Birthday, KDE!

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 11:06:00 BST 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey folks :)
>
> Today is KDE's 20th birthday. I'm proud of all the things we've
> achieved since Matthias sent his announcement email 20 years ago
> today. I've written a short text for the dot here:
> https://dot.kde.org/2016/10/14/happy-20th-birthday-kde I'd love to see
> many personal reflections from all of you on PlanetKDE.
And here's mine :
https://harishnavnit.wordpress.com/2016/10/15/kdes-20th-anniversary/

> I want to take the time to ask us all 2 questions: What are you most
> proud of in KDE? What are you most excited about in KDE right now?
I've written in detail in my blog post.
To conclude briefly, I'm very proud to have organized the conf.kde.in
in Southern India and am also proud of the work some of the newcomers,
whom I had a chance to help initially, are putting in.
I'm really exicted about new and upcoming projects and excited by the
work being done by the plasma team on their respective projects.

Cheers,
Harish