KDE Licensing Policy Updates

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Oct 8 22:12:59 BST 2016

Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 06:04:47PM +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> Added:
>> "Content on collaborative edited websites such as wikis must be
>> licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 4.0
>> International."
>> Rationale: we have no policy for wikis but they are very important to
>> us especially with wikitoLearn so we should add one.  Our wikis are
>> currently CC 3.0+FDL but we should consider moving to CC 4.0 (CC
>> includes an or later so there's no difficultly in doing this).  FDL is
>> unmaintained and not much used so we can drop this.
>
> Wikipedia are also looking to move to CC 4.0
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_use/Creative_Commons_4.0

It will be still a dual license:

You agree to the following licensing requirements:
[...]
    Text to which you hold the copyright: When you submit text to which you
hold the copyright, you agree to license it under:
        Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License ("CC
BY-SA 4.0"), and
        GNU Free Documentation License ("GFDL") (unversioned, with no
invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).
    (Re-users may comply with either license or both.) The only exception is
if the Project edition or feature requires a different license. In that case,
you agree to license any text you contribute under that particular license.
Please note that these licenses do allow commercial uses of your
contributions, as long as such uses are compliant with the terms. Where you
own Sui Generis Database Rights covered by CC BY-SA 4.0, you waive these
rights. As an example, this means facts you contribute to the projects may be
reused freely without attribution.

--
Luigi