[kde-community] Results from the Mission Survey

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Sep 21 20:53:46 BST 2016

On 12.09.2016 18:18, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 01 September 2016 16:54:32 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
>>> I don't think so. On
>>> https://akademy.kde.org/
>>> there's no BoF registered for working on the mission.
>> Thomas and I just added one on Tuesday at 4pm.
> how did it go ?
> Are there notes or something somewhere ?

Hi Alex,
there are no notes of the BoF, but all the tangible results of it are reflected
in the updated Mission draft [1].
However, near the end of the BoF, concerns were brought up regarding whether a
Mission for KDE should say anything about our products, or whether our products
should only be defined by their individual product visions and a KDE Mission
should only encompass how we organize and collaborate.
Therefore, we are now trying to find out whether the general direction that the
draft is going into makes sense.
Input on that is of course welcome!
Cheers,
Thomas