IRC & Bugbot

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Aug 13 05:24:05 BST 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As some have noticed, bugbot has silently gone away, with no notice or
> message from it's maintainers. By all accounts it has now been
> (silently) taken over by Mozilla, and now serves Mozilla projects
> exclusively and no longer interacts with other bug trackers. Nice of
> them to tell anyone....
>
> Fortunately thanks to Harald Sitter we've now equipped sKreamer (the
> forum rss bot, among other things) with the ability to act as a
> replacement for bugbot, at least in regards to working with
> bugs.kde.org. Other trackers are not supported.
>
> As they no longer have any use for the information, i've also severed
> the bug email flow that bugs.kde.org was previously sending to
> bugbot at landfill.bugzilla.org effective immediately. All bugs will
> continue to be notified to kde-bugs-dist at kde.org as usual.

As a follow up to this, i've now adapted some of the scripts we use to
power commit notifications to support notifications for Bugzilla
changes as well.
A global feed for all activity on bugs.kde.org will be posted in
#kde-bugs-activity.

The behaviour of this can be configured in bugzilla/notifications.cfg
in the sysadmin/irc-notifications repository, much like commit
notifications.

It uses Python 3 regular expressions for filtering of the following fields:
- Product
- Assignee
- Priority
- Severity