Upcoming changes to out version control infrastructure

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Aug 6 14:19:38 BST 2016

On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 12:00:57 +0200
Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> nice try to launch an April fools joke in the middle of the year :)

Yes, quite strange.

> BTW: I have worked with SCCS back then myself.

Nice, I met some other people who did as well. One should note that SCCS still
has its fans because BitKeeper was originally based on a reimplementation of it
(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitKeeper ) and someone E-mailed me about my
Better SCM site ( http://better-scm.shlomifish.org/ ) saying I should provide
better coverage of SCCS and that he believed it was more reliable than existing
open source networked solutions and that it will be easy to bolt networking
and DVCS features to it.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish