[kde-community] Changes to mailing list behaviour

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Tue Aug 2 18:56:33 BST 2016

On Tuesday 02 August 2016 14:16:35 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > We'll therefore be disabling stripping of any attachments or html
> > bodies, modification of mail subjects, and removing any mail headers
> > or footers which the list is adding into any mails. This will be made
> > globally across all lists on kde.org infrastructure some time in the
> > next week or two.
>
> Does this include the List-Id headers etc. used for filtering of mailing
> list emails?

Adding headers such as List-ID to mails is not a problem for DKIM. A DKIM
singed mail will have a header DKIM-Signature which contains a field 'h'. For
example:

  h=from:to:subject:date:keywords:keywords;

Only the headers listed in the 'h' field are part of the DKIM signature. Those
headers may not be changed and no additional header with the same name may be
added. In the above example there should be two headers 'keywords', no more no
less.

If the original sender includes 'list-id' in the 'h' field the mail should be
rejected by the mailing list.

Cheers,
Jos