[kde-community] DigitalOcean is now a sponsor!

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:12:05 BST 2016

They gave us free credits expiring in a year. I'm pretty sure taking them away halfway through would be against their own ToS. If they change sponsorship policies, I believe the worst that can happen is that they don't renew it when the credits expire. So we'll have time to move the servers elsewhere if "change of management" happens.

Your concern is valid, but note that the situation is nothing new. We have similar sponsorship from other providers.

--
Nicolás
KDE Sysadmin Team