[kde-community] DigitalOcean is now a sponsor!

Boudhayan Gupta bgupta at kde.org
Tue Jul 5 20:36:03 BST 2016

Hi Guys,

I'm excited to announce that DigitalOcean is sponsoring the KDE
Community. Under their open source software sponsoring programme [1],
they've very kindly set us up to use computing resources free of
charge.

DigitalOcean's droplets give us a certain amount of flexibility, and
allows us to make our infrastructure more efficient. We can, for
example, move some of the services that use low computing resources to
smaller droplets at DO, freeing up our bigger physical servers for
more demanding tasks. Over the next few months, we'll be making
changes to our infrastructure to most efficiently make use of our
added server capacity.

One of the things we're looking at is using a droplet hosted at
DigitalOcean's Bangalore datacenter to serve as mirrors for our code
repositories for the Asia Pacific region. Currently all our code
repositories and mirrors are hosted in servers across continental
Europe, apart from on GitHub.

Thanks,
Boudhayan Gupta
KDE Sysadmin