[kde-community] Does KDE attempt to attract experienced contributors?
neundorf at kde.org
Fri May 13 20:47:58 BST 2016
On Friday 13 May 2016 11:00:18 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> What do experienced people look for?
> What makes an experienced person spend their time on FOSS?
just my reasons:
I spend spare time on a FLOSS projects
- to scratch my itch, i.e. because I want it to do something it currently
doesn't do to my liking (that was the case for everything I contributed to)
- because I'm doing something good for the world :-)
- I can quickly get results (e.g. by using a known technology, or contributing
is easy, etc.)
- the community is not too hostile
- I do not contribute in order to improve my CV
More information about the kde-community