[kde-community] Does KDE attempt to attract experienced contributors?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri May 13 20:47:58 BST 2016

On Friday 13 May 2016 11:00:18 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> What do experienced people look for?
>
> What makes an experienced person spend their time on FOSS?

just my reasons:

I spend spare time on a FLOSS projects

- to scratch my itch, i.e. because I want it to do something it currently
doesn't do to my liking (that was the case for everything I contributed to)

- because I'm doing something good for the world :-)

- I can quickly get results (e.g. by using a known technology, or contributing
is easy, etc.)

- the community is not too hostile

- I do not contribute in order to improve my CV

Alex