[kde-community] Does KDE attempt to attract experienced contributors?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:16:46 BST 2016

Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Freitag, 13. Mai 2016 11:06:18 CEST Laszlo Papp wrote:
>> >
>> > The answer to this has been the same from the very start: Because you
>> > think free software matters.
>>
>> I apologise if I had not expressed myself correctly. I do mean working on
>> some free software for money compared to working on KDE free software for
>> free. So, free software does matter, yet you can get (potentially
>> well-)paid in return elsewhere.
>
> Here is my perspective on this:
> I don't know the actual relative numbers, but many of the commercially

The topic of money is quite narrow, and money attracts people regardless of
whether they have experience.

I'm looking for broader thoughts on the topic of the thread. If you wish,
re-read my original mail, but with the constraint that we're talking about
'volunteer/free-time' development.

Thanks,

Steve.