[kde-community] Telegram Relay Service

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri May 6 14:14:33 BST 2016

Il giorno Fri, 6 May 2016 17:58:46 +0530
Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> ha scritto:

> IRC relay service. We now have the capability to sync messages both
> ways between an IRC channel and a Telegram group.

I'm not too thrilled by this, to be honest. There are a number of
objections to the use of Telegram that come to my mind, but today I'm
not bringing up licensing. The biggest problem with Telegram is that it
is a clearly insecure[1,2] service. And with current times, yes, it does
matter.

[1] https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/1177.pdf
[2]
https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/49782/is-telegram-secure

--
Luca Beltrame, Ph.D.
Translational Genomics Unit, Department of Oncology