[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - final version

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Tue Mar 15 21:52:16 GMT 2016

Am 15.03.2016 um 22:15 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 08:26:15 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> "A world in which everyone enjoys freedom and privacy and has control
>>> over their digital life."
>>>
>>> Unless there are major objections within the next week I would like to
>>> conclude the process and from now on use this as our vision statement.
>>
>> Not a major objection, but some feedback: It's very wordy at the end
>> especially with all the 'and's in it.
>
> I agree, the two "and"'s sound a bit bumpy/"holprig".

To add another point of view: when I first read that statement I just
thought, "wow, how eloquent, this is perfect!" It feels easy to read and
understand and it is to the point.

> I very much like that freedom is in there, this fit's my wish to express some
> kind of independence.
> How about skipping the "privacy" ? This is with no or only very little
> interpretation included in "have control".

I would not drop anything from it because freedom and privacy are
essential--*especially* privacy since it is so often breached these
days; so to state it explicitly is important.

cheers, Michael