[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - final version

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Mar 14 13:58:57 GMT 2016

Hi everyone,

We've gone through two rounds of feedback and discussion now and I am
very happy with all the input we've collected. Thank you! Thomas,
sebas and I sat together and took all the feedback and merged it into
the final version. It is now:

"A world in which everyone enjoys freedom and privacy and has control
over their digital life."

Unless there are major objections within the next week I would like to
conclude the process and from now on use this as our vision statement.
It's been a long process but I think it was worth going through and
once we've finished the mission we're much better set up for the
future.

Next steps:
* publish the vision. I'm still working out what needs doing.
* collect input for our mission statement. Alexander and others have
already collected a lot of that. I have created a page on-wiki for
this here: https://community.kde.org/KDE/Mission/Brainstorming  Please
leave your input there in the next 2 weeks. We'll then go through it
and try to distill it to the main themes that should go into the
mission. Thomas, sebas and I can use more help with this. Alexander
already said he'd help move the mission creation forward. Who else
would like to help?

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org