[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - first draft for discussion

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 9 22:15:38 GMT 2016

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 20:37:29 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Alexander Dymo <alex at alexdymo.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> >> The technology is something that does not belong into the vision.
> >
> > Why? It would be strange for the tech organization/community like KDE,
> > IMHO of course.
>
> You cut off the part of my email with the reasoning: "It can go into
> the mission statement because it is a part of how we get to where we
> want to go. It is not the place we want to go." Or in other words it
> is too specific for a vision.

To me, this vision draft presented here is also very broad.
Actually I think that only very few Free software projects would disagree to
it. I mean, it is not too different from the ideas which motivate the GPL.
Do you have already a "mission" draft at hand, so it becomes more clear what
you have in mind ?

Alex