[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - first draft for discussion

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Feb 9 11:41:40 GMT 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> I have two main questions. I'll make them as new threads.
>
> KDE as a community currently has a clear unique selling point for new
> projects; Qt libraries, Qt expertise, and connections. A common thread that
> makes it worth being a community. We've seen this work in the past with
> existing Qt projects like gcompris, tupi coming to us for that reason.

In addition to the answers Martin and sebas already gave there is
another important point: The technology is something that does not
belong into the vision. It can go into the mission statement because
it is a part of how we get to where we want to go. It is not the place
we want to go.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org