[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - an alternative draft for discussion

Alexander Dymo alex at alexdymo.com
Mon Feb 8 23:07:26 GMT 2016

> We define the goal for KDE not in technical terms, but in terms of Freedom,
> user control and privacy.

I understand this part clearly. I just say that this goal is too
broadly defined, and, therefore hardly reachable by a single
organization like KDE. Most free software communities, including KDE,
already work towards that goal. Defining it in writing as the goal of
KDE adds neither value nor attractiveness to KDE as a project.

What we propose actually talks about the same things: freedom, user
control, privacy. But it limits the scope from "all aspects of digital
life" to "software that powers up your computing devices".