[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - an alternative draft for discussion

Alexander Dymo alex at alexdymo.com
Mon Feb 8 19:02:47 GMT 2016

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> why you think KDE should not be a leader in future technologies.

What are these future technologies? Our group thinks that personal
computing devices are a big thing. Apps working on these devices are
going to be even more important than the devices themselves. It's
already the case with phones and tablets. Smartwatches are emerging.
More devices will arrive, each requiring a shell/launcher and the
apps. KDE can, and should be a leader there. Unlike cloud, services,
embedded programming, it is within our area of expertise.

I think you're just not convinced this is the future, right?

> How do you convince me to continue to develop the desktop when I don't see a
> future for KDE due to not willing to go to the next thing?

You've already listed several "things". Which ones from them do you
think are most important to work on?