[kde-community] Differences between proposed vision drafts (or "inclusive" vs "focused")

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 14:16:56 GMT 2016

On Friday, February 05, 2016 08:01:49 AM Alexander Dymo wrote:
> As Lydia put it, it will be a <cite>clear frame of reference to make
> choices in</cite>.

No way.

Quoting Ben Cooksley:

This criteria has already been laid out by the KDE Community, in a
document called the Manifesto.
It lays out fairly clearly what the project acceptance requirements are.

The fact that someone might want to define the criteria for accepting
new projects within a vision goes contrary to what most people would
define as a vision (usually an overarching direction they want to go
in rather than the details of how to go about it, which is what the
criteria would be).

Let me also add a couple more questions:

* What would happen to existing KDE projects which are not compatible with
 your vision?

* What about projects which start within a KDE project but later fork off as
separate? (e.g. an extension developed within WikiToLearn)

* I'd also like to see what you expect sysadmin to do (as ultimately they'll
end up doing this removal, should it end up being necessary).

I think that your answers to this will crucial to understand the consequences
of what we're doing.

Bye,
-Riccardo