[kde-community] Differences between proposed vision drafts (or "inclusive" vs "focused")

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 4 19:49:55 GMT 2016

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 20:38:52 Boudhayan Gupta wrote:
> Under the "focused" proposal, such a software would have no place in
> the KDE Project. In fact, a software, developed within KDE to address
> KDE's (not KDE users but the KDE Project itself) needs cannot be a
> part of the KDE Project. Do we want this situation to arise?

just answering for myself, but it seems to be the same as Alex D. is saying:
the four points listed in the draft are where we see the focus of KDE.
It would be stupid to exclude projects which support those.
KDE never did that, why should we start with that (arts, unsermake, icecream,
eigen, etc...)
Still we don't see linear algebra libraries or build tools as the main goal
KDE is trying to achieve (...says the guy who maintained the KDE buildsystem
for more than 7 years).

Alex