[kde-community] Differences between proposed vision drafts (or "inclusive" vs "focused")

Alexander Dymo alex at alexdymo.com
Thu Feb 4 17:47:38 GMT 2016

And here is where I, perhaps surprisingly to you, agree with you.
Like, 100% agree.

I wrote "Plasma and applications", but should have written
"applications and Plasma". It's the KDE apps that shine these days.
Krita, Digikam, Kdenlive, K3B, Kate, Okular, and many and many others.

In my opinion KDE as a whole will also shine if it brings our amazing
software to as many platforms as we can. And many people in the
community already do this work.

The "focused" vision is about lifting the importance of this movement
towards other platforms and devices, and actually focusing on it. It
is, IMHO of course, not about going back to "let's just work on Linux
desktop". I wouldn't call that a "vision", that would be
"conservation".