[kde-community] Differences between proposed vision drafts (or "inclusive" vs "focused")

Alexander Dymo alex at alexdymo.com
Thu Feb 4 14:53:57 GMT 2016

Let's take one of your examples: some imaginary sensory tech that
follows your mind. It's going to be a competitive advantage to both
Plasma and applications, for sure. Can it be a KDE project? Yes,
because it clearly brings KDE closer to its goal. And actually, both
visions/missions would support inclusion of such a tech into KDE.

Let's consider another example. This time it will be the imaginary
free Github replacement. This time the tech is too far away from
user-end apps and shells. Let's say it wants to join KDE. Under the
"inclusive" proposal such a project will be welcomed. Under "focused"
- no.

PS: I did not say that _all_ new tech should be developed outside of
KDE. What I wanted to say that for the free software project to
succeed, it does not have to be included into any larger
project/community.