[kde-community] Should we allow non-KDE projects to participate in GSoC under KDE?

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:20:17 GMT 2016

On woensdag 3 februari 2016 22:28:34 CET Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I don't even remember what I thought the last couple of times, but I
> think it was something like this:
>
> "if these are projects that we can likely bring under our umbrella, yes,
> we should, if that is not going to happen, then we shouldn't"
>
> I cannot imagine I ever thought something different, but it's possible,
> and I remember someone telling me I was inconsistent, last year.

I think this rule makes sense. I think it won't be hard to get an agreement on
our base principles from projects like Subsurface and Tupi (I mean the social
side of things, not the tech part) and it would be a first step towards
bringing them into the fold. Seems a good move to me.

In general, why don't we adopt a "yes unless" stance, rather than the
opposite? If there's a good (not hypothetical) reason not to collaborate, fine
- but otherwise, let's work with others.

--
Disclaimer:
find me on blog.jospoortvliet.com