[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - first draft for discussion

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Feb 3 22:10:46 GMT 2016

On Wednesday 03 February 2016 10:10:27 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> The first draft reads as follows:
> "KDE, through the creation of Free software, enables users to control
> their digital life. KDE software enables privacy, makes simple things
> easy and complex scenarios possible while crossing device boundaries."

Just a quick question: this one paragraph above is the vision-statement from
this vision-group? With the rest of your message explaining how various
existing parts of KDE (as in, some specific applications, the Plasma Desktop,
various activities that the KDE community organizes, underlying technologies
and additional KDE projects) fit into that vision?

I'm asking this because I want to know what I should put into my vision-ometer
(a contraption that measures the visionariness) and what (same) text I should
compare to any other vision-statement that is proposed.

[ade]