[kde-community] RFC: Distribution outreach program

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 13:50:13 GMT 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame at kde.org> wrote:
> Il Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:09:16 +0100, Aleix Pol ha scritto:
>
>> How about coming up with a set of scripts that give score to an
>> installation?
>
> That's not a bad idea, what do you suggest one would "test" with such a
> script?

It depends, when we say we could give badges, we'll need some metrics
to tell if they're deserved or not.

Some ideas:
- Are (a subset of) KIO plugins available?
- Are kdeplasma-addons plugins available?
- Is PackageKit/Appstream supported?
- Is there the Breeze style enabled for GTK applications?
- Is kwin optimally configured?
- Are the frameworks compiled with all dependencies?

Aleix