[kde-community] Leaving KDE community

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 17:01:37 GMT 2015

On Monday, November 02, 2015 09:21:33 PM Gustav González wrote:
> The latest months I wasn't in the mood even to answer some mails mentioning
> Tupi in this list, so I chose to wait for the right moment to send this
> message, and I think it is today.
>
> The KDE community is great and I really appreciate the work you are doing,
> but I feel I don't fit here. No big deal at all and no hard feelings, I
> just don't want to discuss my decision. My excuses if I disappoint you.

Hi,

I am sorry to see you leave, but I also understand that this is a normal part
of working in an open surce project. While you shouldn't offer any kind of
justification (we're all here as volunteers, or almost), I am concerned by
this last paragraph that you wrote, going back on github.

You might have seen that we recently had some somewhat heated discussion about
KDE on github. Could you tell us why you want to keep developing Tupi as free
software but without it being on the KDE infrastructure? It would help us
immensely to understand what we're doing wrong and how we could make it
better.

As I said, I don't ask you to discuss your decision (even if I am sorry to see
you go), and you are not disappointing anyone, I just really ask for a little
feedback to understand how we could improve our whole ecosystem. :-)

Thanks,
-Riccardo