[kde-community] Submitted a a KDE Talk at FOSDEM 2016

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Fri Oct 16 22:45:01 BST 2015

Hi all,

I just submitted a WikiToLearn talk at FOSDEM this year, as I anticipated.
I asked for a keynote slot, let's see if I get it or it gets moved to the
main track... ;-)

Here's title, subtitle and abstract:

Bringing academia to the Internet era
- How open textbooks will change teaching and learning

The KDE community has always strongly believed in free and open source
software. Today, we are taking this mission one step further, by bringing
openness to the most important intellectual production of humanity:
knowledge itself. We are not alone: to ensure full-scale success we are
partnering with the most prestigious research institutions and universities
all over the globe.

WikiToLearn is an open platform where students, researchers and key people
in the academia can create and refine notes and text books, tailored
precisely to their needs, and giving them the power to customize the
teaching beyond what traditional textbooks allow. Our philosophy inherits
from the very foundation of how science works. We believe that “Knowledge
only grows if shared” and we want learners to “Stand on the shoulder of
giants!”.

Let me know comments and cross your fingers!

Bye,
-Riccardo
Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום