[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github in the light of the KDE manifesto

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Fri Sep 25 12:28:24 BST 2015

On Friday, September 25, 2015 01:16:46 PM Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> e.g. Gitlab?

It is more freedesktop.org... The software is not a problem (gitlab for that
works amazing), but I was more looking to two points:

* a real a community hosting (not https://about.gitlab.com/terms/ )

* more importantly: code development of FOSS projects *moves* there (not just
a mirror), under a shared, unique home. This is the strenght of github now, we
should do the right thing and put our weight supporting a shared free
alternative instead.

Bye,
-Riccardo