[kde-community] "Fork Me" button within the kde git infrastructure?

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Mon Sep 21 01:30:37 BST 2015

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> I see you're not used to the diverse term on github-alike sites:
> forking is more like creating a feature branch. The repo is separate
> but changes can be merged back (how it's a matter of tool set).

It is just like feature branches, except every fly-by contributor will
have a clone repo with one patch and that way maintainers will have a
harder time figuring out what's been done where and who's working on
what. If this is the workflow you like, good for you, but I want to
opt-out from this madness and use git as it was meant to be used.

David E. Narvaez