[kde-community] Renaming KScreenGenie

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 19:56:32 BST 2015

You made me giggle with that :

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:

> On 09/19/2015 11:36 AM, rajeev bhatta wrote:
>> Like the name selfie..but it will be nightmare finding the app in google
>> if looking for selfie
>
> No it won't. People aren't too dumb to add an extra
> keyword. Internet search is a well-developed skill
> for anyone under 30 at this point.

Erm, sorry, no. I have had enough interaction with wannabe GSoC
students to know this is in no way true, many are not even able to
perform the most basic search involving 2 keywords, let alone more
complex searches. Implying that under 30 means tech savvy is a very
big leap you take, there :) So no, people are indeed too dumb to use 2
keywords, in very many cases. And if they don't find something in the
first 3 lines they give up and ask instead, so others do it for them
(something they don't even think of, duh!).

> Plus, why would internet searches be common in the
> first place? I've never searched for KSnapshot. Have
> you?

Well, I have in the past, and I do a lot of searches on a daily basis.
I am almost double the 30 threshold you use and another example on why
your assumption is wrong ;-)

SCNR

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org