[kde-community] Renaming KScreenGenie

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 18:41:14 BST 2015

On 09/19/2015 07:32 PM, techie.rajeev at yahoo.in wrote:
> I search apps on google all the time, some time in youtube to see a demo of
> it.. Searching for selfie will result in all the smartphones, all the different
> selfie related stuff which is currently viral among the masses.

Yeah. And at that point they add "linux" or "kde" to the
search, if they didn't do it already because they realized
that Selfie by itself is too generic.

But honestly the most likely search pattern would be "kubuntu
how to take screenshot" leading to "run Selfie".

Does a non-generic name save typing in corner scenarios?
Yeah. Is that an issue that seriously compromises the
name? I don't think so. I mean, OS X' screenshot util is
called "Grab" ...

Cheers,
Eike