[kde-community] Bikeshedding - our strength apparently *sigh*

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat Sep 19 17:19:05 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Michael Pyne <mpyne at kde.org> wrote:

> Otherwise the corollary to your point would become pertinent: We already
> discuss bugs on IRC, email, IM, etc.... so why limit bug tickets to Bugzilla?
> Why not a Github issue, or something else? I'm not trying to "slippery slope"
> your argument but it seems to me that whatever would keep us on Bugzilla would
> keep us on Reviewboard, no?

I completely agree with everything you wrote and about avoiding fragmentation.

I do think we should strive for using our bugzilla and reviewboard.
However, I do also believe that KDE should have a presence on github,
where people can submit pull requests, and they are either closed
automatically with a bot OR looked at by a developer (who has stepped
up for this role) and merges them upstream.

--
Vishesh Handa