[kde-community] Bikeshedding - our strength apparently *sigh*

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 17:04:21 BST 2015

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 5:58:29 PM CEST Vishesh Handa wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
wrote:
> > My fear here is that if we allow pull request, people will also start to
> > use them for code review at which point we have split the development
> > team in those doing code review through reviewboard and those through
> > github.
> We already use some other forms of code review -
>
> * IRC
I have never seen patches put on IRC, but lots to paste.kde.org, otherwise
free infrastructure

> * Email
free infrastructure

> * IM
free infrastructure (probably also with link to paste.kde.org)

> * Google+ Hangouts (Just discussed some things related to the Baloo
> KCM a week ago)
closed

> * Knocking on David's door and screaming "I need you to look at some code"
I really doubt David reviewed the code like that, might it not have been a
pointer to look into the inbox?

What you want is to introduce another proprietary service. A way which
excludes people from code review.

Cheers
Martin