[kde-community] What is a GitHub pull request exactly?

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat Sep 19 16:44:35 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> Where "ahead" could also mean wrong if "klmn" needs to be modified or gets
> rejected.
>
> Is (b) the problem people keep discussing about?
>
> Because as far as I can tell it is not really an option given that it can lead
> to an inconsistent state of two clone sources that are considered to be
> mirrored.

Yup (b) can be problematic. I think read-only means read-only and the
developer has to push the patch manually in kde's git repo, which is
then mirrors onto github.

> If the problem is somewhere in (a), where is it?
>

>From what I understand, people are against some discussion or pull
requests being allowed at all. They should always be closed with a big
NO sign. I don't understand this or see the distinction between
github, email, and some other website.

--
Vishesh Handa