[kde-community] Bikeshedding - our strength apparently *sigh*

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 15:42:54 BST 2015

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 04:24:13 PM Eike Hein wrote:
> Developer recruitment should be our #1 problem for the
> next two years, and along those lines "GitHub might get
> us contributors" is by far the strongest argument that
> side's come up with.

Somebody once defined Github as the "social network of hackers". I don't see
then why we should have a Facebook page and not one on Github. ;-)

If somebody happened to send me some material for WikiToLearn through the
Facebook page (it has happened), I don't reject it asking him/her to resend it
to the mailing list, because that would never work. I accept the material,
thank the person, and point out they can also subscribe to the mailing list,
if they are interested to keep an eye on it.

And this is exactly how we got one of our now most important contributors. Did
I loose my soul or my values? The project just grew stronger.

Bye,
-Riccardo